Goliad State Park and Historic Site is looking for enthusiastic, customer service-oriented volunteers to become Interpretive Park Hosts! If you enjoy talking and learning about Texas history and are comfortable sharing information with the public, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Interested applicants should enjoy engaging visitors in conversation, being outside in all types of weather, and being active in their surroundings to:
- Greet and provide historical content to visitors
- Support the interpretive team with educational programs and material assembly
- Assist with special events
- Generally maintain exhibits, facilities and grounds
- Aid park staff in completing night duty, vehicle checks, and other duties as needed
In exchange for a minimum of 25 volunteer hours a week, Hosts will be provided with a full hook-up site (water/electric/sewer) and will have access to a free laundry facility. We ask that our Park Hosts commit to a minimum of two and a maximum of three months.
Special skills such as spinning and weaving, blacksmithing, or natural resource/birding knowledge are highly desired.
Currently seeking applicants through December 2021.
Program: Goliad State Park
Contact Person: Emily Byrd
Contact Phone: (361) 645-3405
Click here for details or to sign up