Sponsoring Program: Huntsville State Park
Huntsville State Park is looking for friendly, motivated, and energetic Park Hosts to work and live in its beautiful Pineywoods campground! As a Park Host, you will support TPWD's mission by assisting with the day to day functions of the park and providing outstanding service to park visitors, maintaining the cleanliness of park grounds and facilities, and supporting basic maintenance needs.
Volunteer duties will include:
- Representing TPWD State Parks in a positive manner
- Maintaining cleanliness of assigned areas, including keeping assigned bathrooms cleaned and stocked and collecting trash from assigned camp loops
- Assisting with maintenance operations as assigned by maintenance specialist or volunteer supervisor
- Providing excellent customer service to park visitors, including providing general information and assistance to park visitors
- Maintaining cleanliness of assigned host site
- Experience with customer service and ability to effectively communicate with public, other volunteers, and staff
- Experience with basic maintenance and equipment use
- Essential opportunity functions require sitting for long periods of time, carrying, walking, and standing
- Background check required
Benefits: In exchange for a minimum of 24 volunteer hours per week for one individual or 32 volunteer hours per week for a couple, you are provided with a 50 amp full hook-up. You also receive the opportunity to play a critical role in the conservation and stewardship of the natural and cultural resources of Texas!
Call for available dates or additional details.
Once you complete your online application to become a Park Host please email Holly Christie at Holly.Christie@tpwd.texas.gov