Sponsoring Program: Copper Breaks State Park
Copper Breaks State Park an International Dark-Sky Park is looking for enthusiastic, customer service-oriented volunteers to become Interpretive Park Hosts! If you enjoy talking and learning about Texas history and are comfortable sharing information with the public, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Interested applicants should enjoy engaging visitors in conversation, being outside in all types of weather, hiking, and being active in their surroundings to:
- Greet and provide historical content to visitors
- Assist the park interpreter with scheduled programs
- Support the interpretive team with educational programs and material assembly
- Assist with special events
- Generally maintain exhibits, facilities and grounds
- Assist park staff in opening and closing of main park gate, and other duties as needed.
In exchange for a minimum of 24 volunteer hours a week for a single individual or 30 volunteer hours split between a couple, Hosts will be provided with a full hook-up site (water,electric 30/50 amp and sewer) and will have access to free laundry facility.
Preffered knowledge, skills, and abilities in birdwatching, astronomy, dutch oven cooking, Native American history, natural and cultural resources are highly desired.