Sponsoring Program: Copper Breaks State Park
Copper Breaks State Park an International Dark-Sky Place is looking for enthusiastic, customer service-oriented volunteers to become Interpretive Park Hosts! If you enjoy talking and learning about Texas history and are comfortable sharing information with the public, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Interested applicants should enjoy engaging visitors in conversation, being outside in all types of weather, and being active in their surroundings to:
- Greet and provide historical content to visitors
- Help lead bird walks
- Help lead night-sky programs
- Support the interpretive team with educational programs and material assembly
- Assist with special events
- Generally maintain exhibits, facilities and grounds
- Aid park staff in completing night duty, vehicle checks, and other duties as needed
In exchange for a minimum of 24 volunteer hours a week, hosts will be provided with a full hook-up site (water/electric 30&50 amp/sewer) and will have access to free laundry facility. Special skills & abilities such as experience in birdwatching, astronomy, dutch oven cooking demonstrations, and natural and cultural resource knowledge are highly desired.