Sponsoring Program: Eisenhower State Park
Eisenhower State Park is seeking park hosts to assist with maintenance throughout the park in 2019. We need a friendly helper who will assist with loop and grounds maintenance, custodial work, and miscellaneous projects throughout Eisenhower State Park. This position requires the ability to work any shift on any weekday/weekend, including holidays.
Nestled on the shore of Lake Texoma in North Texas, Eisenhower State Park offers enthusiastic individuals or couples the opportunity to become part of our great team of volunteers and staff - all while working and living in a bustling park! Eisenhower State Park offers miles of hiking trails, an Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) trail, and some of the best striped bass fishing in Texas.
Primarily, the Park Host (Maintenance) position includes working with park maintenance staff to pick up litter, clean restrooms, help to identify and repair maintenance and safety issues, conduct facility inspections, mow and weed-eat during the growing season and assist with other miscellaneous maintenance tasks and projects throughout the rest of the year. In exchange for 24-28 hours of work per site, per week as scheduled by the park (usually  6 hour shifts), Park Hosts are provided with full hook-up sites (water, sewer, and 50/30 amp electrical) at no charge. As a bonus, our hosts have access to their own full-sized washer and dryer facility.
Things to know & things to do:
1. Current openings: July - August; July - November.
2. Apply to this posting through this website.
3. This position requires driving a State Park vehicle. Out-of-state applicants may be required to furnish copies of their motor vehicle records at their own expense (usually $5-$10 per record). Please contact Eisenhower State Park for more information.
4. Pass a background check.
5. Complete an interview with Park Staff.
6. Once accepted, log all park host hours online monthly.
7. Report to Lead Ranger for assignments.
8. There is no monetary compensation associated with this position.
9. For first time park hosts this opportunity would last for a minimum of 3-months, and for experienced hosts a minimum of 1-month. There is a maximum stay of 6-months.