Sponsoring Program: Eisenhower State Park
Eisenhower State Park is seeking park hosts to assist with our administrative functions for 2019. We need a friendly helper who can collect fees, check in campers using the PBS computer system (training is provided), and provide excellent customer service. This position requires willingness to work any shift on any weekday/weekend, including holidays, in both our fee booth and headquarters.
Nestled on the shore of Lake Texoma in North Texas, Eisenhower State Park offers enthusiastic individuals or couples the opportunity to become part of our great team of volunteers and staff - all while working and living in a bustling park! Eisenhower State Park offers miles of hiking trails, an Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) trail, bouldering opportunities, and some of the best striped bass fishing in Texas.
Primarily, the Park Host (Administration) position includes working with park headquarters staff to perform fee collection, general clerical duties, answering phones, and light maintenance & cleaning of headquarters. Additional opportunities exist to assist our Park Interpreter with educational activities and with general maintenance throughout the park. In exchange for 24-28 hours of work per week as scheduled by the park, Park Hosts are provided with full hook-up sites (water, sewer, and 50/30 amp electrical) at no charge. As a bonus, our hosts have access to their own full-sized washer and dryer facility!
Things to know & things to do:
1. Current openings: July 1 - October 31.
2. Apply to this posting through this website.
3. Pass a background check.
4. Complete an interview with Park Staff.
5. Once accepted, log all park host hours online monthly.
6. Report to Office Manager for assignments.
7. There is no monetary compensation associated with this position.
8. For first time park hosts this opportunity would last for a minimum of 3-months, and for experienced hosts, a minimum of 1-month. There is a maximum stay of 6-months.