Sponsoring Program: Lake Bob Sandlin State Park
Lake Bob Sandlin State Park is looking for friendly, motivated and energetic Park Hosts to work and live in its beautiful Piney Woods campground. As a Park Host, you will support TPWD''s mission by providing outstanding service to park visitors, providing guided hikes and planning/leading/assisting with Saturday informational events about the park''s natural and cultural resources to the visiting public.
Volunteer duties will include:
- Represent TPWD State Parks in a positive manner and supplement the work of park staff
- Provide customer service to park visitors, including providing general information and assistance to park visitors.
- Never engage in law enforcement duties.
- Coordinate and/or assist with Saturday interpretive events, which may include planning and assembling materials.
- Provide structured and roving interpretation, including leading guided hikes for the visiting public and school field trip groups. Hikes will include information about the park''s flora and fauna and about the history of its development and cultural resources.
- Provide general information and assistance to park visitors.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned Host site.
- Passion for Texas State Parks
- Experience with customer service and ability to effectively communicate with public, other volunteers, and staff.
- Knowledge and interest in park''s natural and cultural resources and willingness to continue learning.
- Experience working in a classroom setting or working with young people strongly preferred. - Essential opportunity functions require walking or standing for extended period of time.
- Criminal background check clearance required.
- Ability to maintain campsite as model site.
Benefits: In exchange for a minimum of 25 volunteer hours per week, you are provided with a 50 amp full hook-up. Training in interpretation and access to resources and tools to continue to learn about the dynamic natural and cultural resources of the park. You also receive the opportunity to play a critical role in the conservation and stewardship of the natural and cultural resources of Texas!
Call for available dates or additional details.