Sponsoring Program: Lake Bob Sandlin State Park
Lake Bob Sandlin State Park is looking for friendly, motivated and energetic people to work in its beautiful Piney Woods campground. As a volunteer, you will support TPWD's mission by assisting park staff with special events, such as Christmas in the Park, Halloween Boo Camp and the Easter Egg Hunt. If you choose to be a long term volunteer, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate excellence in the office by helping with registration and providing general information and assistance to visitors.
Volunteer duties will include:
- Representing TPWD State Parks in a positive manner
- Assisting with maintenance operations as assigned by maintenance specialist or volunteer supervisor
- Providing excellent customer service to park visitors, including providing general information and assistance to park visitors
- Assisting with special events held in the park, performing tasks necessary before during and after events
- Teaching visitors in outreach and educational programs in the park
- Assisting in the office by registering visitors into campsites and day use permits, answering visitor questions, knowing and following fiscal control policy
- Experience with customer service and ability to effectively communicate with public, other volunteers, and staff
- Experience with basic maintenance and equipment use
- Essential opportunity functions require sitting for long periods of time, carrying, walking, and standing
- Background check required for consistent volunteers
This volunteer opportunity includes indoor and outdoor experiences! Let us know what you would like to do and we'll see what we can do to make it happen.