Sponsoring Program: Village Creek State Park
Enjoy the amazing diversity of plants and wildlife while hosting at beautiful Village Creek State Park. The park is in Lumberton, Texas, 10 miles north of Beaumont, in the extremely bio-diverse East Texas Pineywoods.
Hosts will help park staff with a variety of duties. In exchange for a minimum of 24 hours volunteer service per week, Hosts will get a free full hook-up (water, sewer, 50amp) campsite and entry fees waived during their tenure as Host.
Required duties of Park Hosts:
- Represent TPWD in a positive manner
- Comply with all park regulations and safety guidelines
- Assist staff with maintenance of public areas in park (including campsites and restrooms)
- Oversee and maintain camping loops
- Clean sites for incoming campers
- Assist visitors
- Make rounds of camping loops between 5 - 10 PM
- Lock and secure gate at 10 PM
- Notify staff know of after hours arrivals.
Other duties may include:
- Help staff with maintenance of the park
- Assist park staff with various tasks
- Programs including interpretive tours/hikes, and special events.
We understand the Park Hosts each have different sets of skills and will try to match you with your skills and interests whenever possible.
Note: Hosts do not perform law enforcement duties.
Please apply to this posting through this website. Must be 18 years of age or older, pass a criminal background check (at zero cost to you), and provide at least two non-family references. Before being accepted for this opportunity, you must complete an interview with the park volunteer coordinator and superinendent. Once accepted and hosting at the park, you must log all hours online in VMS monthly. Minimum of 24 hours a week with days off other than weekends (Monday & Tuesday). Applicants must be able to host at this location for a minimum of 1 month with option to stay up to 6 months.