Sponsoring Program: Colorado Bend State Park
A great opportunity for living and working in a hidden jewel of the park system. Colorado Bend is situated in the Hill Country along the Colorado River and is home to Gorman Falls, a 70 foot waterfall paradise.
Fishing, hiking, biking, kayaking and other great opportunities abound. Park Hosts will have the opportunity to contribute towards the TPWD mission of providing visitor opportunities and conserving resources.
The ideal candidate is friendly, flexible, and able to bring a positive attitude. All hosts interact with the public. If you love the outdoors and hitting a trail, you will be a good match at our remote, rugged, and primitive park.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting customers
- Planning and delivering interpretive activities and events such as hikes, birding, children's programs, and whatever else interests you
- Cleaning campsites, restrooms and headquarters
- Trail and facility projects
- Assisting in office and working front desk
- Maintenance and infrastructure projects
Criminal background check required.
Hosts will be provided with a full hook-up (water/sewer/electric) site in exchange for a minimum 25 hrs/wk (32 hrs/week - double occupancy).
These positions are typically 3 month commitments. Please contact the park to see if Colorado Bend is your next adventure!