Sponsoring Program: Fort Parker State Park
Fort Parker State Park offers enthusiastic and interested individuals or couples a chance to stay and have fun in a beautiful and diverse park while gaining experience in park operations and visitor services. As a park host, you will be representing the park by greeting the public and helping set the tone for a pleasant stay. You will provide assistance to park staff in the areas of grounds keeping, litter pickup, cleaning facilities including restrooms, trail maintenance and a variety of special park projects. You may also assist with interpretive programs, work in the Nature Center and provide tours. You will be required to work 25 hours per week. A 50/30 amp full hookup site is provided at no charge. A criminal background check is required. We welcome park hosts year round.
Things to know & things to do:
1. Apply to this posting through this website.
2. Pass a background check (zero cost to you).
3. Complete an interview with Park Staff.
4. Once accepted, log all park host hours online monthly.
5. Report to Volunteer Coordinator and Lead Ranger for assignments.
6. There is no monetary compensation associated with this position.