Sponsoring Program: Hill Country State Natural Area
Do you love the outdoors? Are you seeking a quiet place in nature? If so, Hill Country State Natural Area is the right place for you! We are seeking Park Hosts to spend 3 months volunteering with us, with the possibility of extending based on availability. Park Hosts will live on-site with RV space provided. This includes non-potable water, electric, and septic. We are located 10 miles from Bandera, TX (the Cowboy Capital of the World) and we are about an hour away from San Antonio.
- Operating a Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle (ROV)
- Must go through required ROV training
- Maintaining bathrooms and day-use area (bathrooms = 1 flush toilet, 4 compostable toilets)
- Checking and cleaning campsites
- Grounds upkeep
- Special maintenance projects
- After-hours visitor orientation
- After-hours campsite checks
- Assist with park events
- Trail monitoring
Important notes: Criminal background check required. There is very limited cell phone service and Wi-Fi within park boundaries, but there is full cell phone service in town. There is no potable water at this time, so we recommend using a filter for your RV. Park roads are unpaved, caliche roads - part of our ranching heritage!